Wednesday 16 October 2013


Happy Dog by Scott Felstein
Hi, I am Denise Forbes.  I teach veterinary nursing to both fulltime students and distance students.  My courses include Anaesthesia and Diagnostics.

My goals in Flexible Learning are to critically examine my own ideas and perspectives on the flexibility or rigidity of my teaching and to explore some new approaches to teaching that I am unfamiliar with.

I completed my own education in a very rigid education system (in a much earlier era), which was very different from today’s newer approaches to education, and different style of students. I find that I need a fair bit of assistance to up skill my computer and technology skills just to keep pace or be a part of this educational shift forward.  In addition, it is a relatively difficult adjustment to make for me to go from a private world of self-study, to the public platforms of social media.  I will definitely be outside my comfort zone, but I am experimentally willing to make a leap of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment